Sunday 29 July 2012

In Gratitude - for MK International Festival


Here is just my impression of these ten amazing days:
I’ve embraced my inner arsonist and set the park ablaze.

Got muddied and ash-blackened
And I’ve seen the World Tipped,
Been wowed by acrobats and balancing acts,
Not a single one slipped.
I’ve imbibed in an Arabian tent,
Attempted a little Franglais,
Whilst ackee & saltfish, and the best damn burritos
Have spirited my soul away.

I’ve been catered for and cared for with generosity and flair.
And seen a happy public dig deep to donate
Whatever they could spare.
I’ve seen our concrete city
Illuminated by collective joy and surprise.
I’ve been eaten alive by mosquitos
And witnessed some stunning evening skies.

I’ve whooped and whistled in a hall of mirrors
Blessed by the weather, (except for a showery final day)
Experienced a steampunk junkyard orchestra,
And played some giant sculpture games.
Rocked out to some furious Bombay fusion beats
That shook us all out of our seats
Then some wild pyrotechnic dancers
Went stomping through our streets.

It’s been Ten Amazing Days for sure.
And I hope that all the artists, cast, crew, caterers, cleaners, technicians, security and everyone else involved in it,
I hope that you, like myself,
Have loved every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment